I feel like The Scoop isn’t super exciting or interesting this week, but I’ll share something anyways 😉 One of the best parts about this series is that it makes me stop and reflect on all the good in my life in the last few weeks… Sometimes I really have to stop and remember to focus on the good, even if it’s in the smallest of things!
Here’s The Scoop:
- I visited the Farmhaus on Main… Again. It’s seriously the cutest little coffee shop and I feel so inspired when I’m working there! I tried a brown sugar iced latte.. Y’all, SO GOOD. I also really love this coffee shop because it’s locally owned by photographers! I love supporting local and I also love supporting photographers, so it’s a win-win all around 🙂
- I also visited Greenberry’s… (Seriously, I have a thing for coffee + wifi). My usual iced raspberry truffle drink was just as amazing as I had remembered it.
- I met with Andrea Cable Photography! Andrea is so sweet and passionate about photography! I loved chatting with her at Greenberry’s and I’m so thankful for creating friendships with other photographers! We’re all in this together!!
- I got another tattoo!! My friend Christa and I had talked about getting tattoos on our vacation next month, but I knew that healing a tattoo in Florida where we’ll be swimming and at the beach would be such a bad idea! So we spontaneously got inked last week. Quite the adventure if you ask me 😉 If you’re ever considering getting a tattoo, I highly recommend Richie at Alley Cat in Harrisonburg, VA!!
- I’m finalizing details for a project I’ve been working on for a few weeks… I cannot wait to share more, but for now, photographers, just know to keep your eye out!! It’s going to be good!!
- I’ve been visiting my great-grandma at least once a week! Two weeks ago I made her mini fruit pizzas. Last week, I made her a yellow, two-layer cake with white icing, per her request. This week I have to make baked Mac & Cheese–can you tell she eats like a 12 year old? When you’re almost 89 years old, you get to do what you want 😉 It’s been so sweet spending time with her! I also spend several days a week with my paternal grandparents and that’s definitely a highlight of each week.. My grandma is getting stronger day by day, and everyone knows my Pawpaw is my favorite human being on this planet. Some days I really start to miss the way my life was before October, and then I remember how much of a blessing it has been that all this change has given me so much time to spend with my grandparents. Blessing in disguise!
- I finally started reading Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I’m about 50 pages in and I’m hooked… I cannot wait to finish it and create a savings plan/pay off debt.
- My friend and I have planned our Galentine’s Day date… Fifty Shades Freed!!
- I’ve cut myself back to only one cup of coffee a day! I’m hoping that I can wean myself off of coffee and start drinking tea… We’ll see how that goes 😉
Thanks for reading about my not-so-exciting life 😉