Nothing really compares to the last post in the Scoop, when I had just returned from vacation AND bought a car… I don’t have anything nearly as exciting to report this week, except that I’m poor from buying said car 😉 Here’s what’s been going on in my life lately…
- My best friend, Daniel, surprised me with ordering Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur to my house after we returned from vacation and I spent an hour reading it from cover to cover… Then went through it again twice that night! It’s a book of poems (some of them I recognized from Pinterest). Although I wouldn’t say I’ve ever been one for poetry, I LOVE this book. It’s broken down into four chapters–The Hurting, The Loving, The Breaking, & The Healing (The Healing is my favorite!). I’m so obsessed with it that a few days later I found out that Rupi Kaur has another book called The Sun and Her Flowers, so I bought it at Target the next day.
- I saw Jumanji at the OLD Staunton movie theater!! What a blast from the past! 😉 If you’re local to Staunton or this area you should definitely go! The movie was only $3!
- I got snowed in at Daniel’s apartment with the Florida crew! It was nice to see everyone again and relive memories from our vacation a few weeks ago!
- I’m learning little things about my new-to-me car…. Like how the seat warmers on the driver’s side don’t work (SO SAD!!!). BUT, I do really love having a new(er) radio and so much room!!
- I hosted my workshop!!!! It was so fun meeting new photographers and talking all things business + photography related. See that blog post HERE!
- I started working out again and I already see a HUGE difference in my energy levels and I love it!! I get so much more work done when I start the day off in the gym! I’d love to lose a little weight before summer, but I honestly just like how exercise makes me feel SO much better, physically + mentally. (Oh, did I mention I’m really sore? Stretches for days!!)
- My sweet friend Mandalyn sent me a link to concert tickets… FOR G-EAZY!!!!!! I haven’t bought tickets yet.. but trust me, I WANT to go and I may gift myself tickets as a birthday present in a few months 😉
- I sold my old car, Weeza.. Holding back the tears, y’all. I miss that ol’ girl.
- I’m very seriously considering my next tattoo!! Which will be a few months from now, but still… I’m already excited!
- I’m working on a few spring projects… Stay tuned for an announcement on that SOON!
Any enjoy a few of my favorite Rupi Kaur Poems!!